For dudes only: Finally. Science has done you a one up in the clubbing department. Psychologists at Northumbria University in the U.K. claim to have determined which dance moves will win over the ladies.
"The psychologists recruited 19 men between the ages of 18 and 35 to bob to a German dance track while reflectors attached to the men's clothing recorded their moves.
The psychologists then used the motions logged by the reflectors to craft avatars – the same method the makers of Lord of the Rings employed to create the character Gollum, if you're wondering – and then asked several dozen heterosexual women to rate the avatars.
By having women watch 15-second snippets of faceless white creatures rather than actual men, the reasoning goes, the psychologists weeded out possible prejudices that might creep in because of physical attractiveness."
Below: two videos demonstrate the results. Good Dancer vs. Bad Dancer.
Confused? Here's the Cliffs Notes version:
- Forget the pelvis. Surprisingly, chicks don't care.
- Pay attention to the neck, torso and right knee. (Why right? I have no idea)
- Move your upper body, use space, and vary your movements!
Read more at LiveScience.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades